Adventure Hiking Tours – a Driftwood Inn Company
Glacier Lake Family Hike – 6 hours – $119
This easy, popular 3.2-mile hike departs the Homer spit at 11:30 a.m. and returns to about 5 p.m.
Enjoy a scenic boat ride across beautiful Kachemak Bay to our secluded State Park. Your guide will lead you along a moderate hike to Grewingk Glacier Lake. You will enjoy breathtaking views of the glacier and majestic mountains before returning along the saddle trail. This loop crosses flat terrain, through stands of cottonwoods and spruce, and across the outwash of Grewingk Glacier winding around and down the forested switchbacks to the beach.
It’s a perfect and popular hike for families seeking a half day of fun. Bring your own water/snack
Halibut Cove Triangle – 8 Hours – $169
This 3.2 Mile moderate, popular family hike departs the Homer Spit early afternoon and returns about 10ish.
The scenic cruise across Kachemak Bay to Glacier Lake Trailhead will give you the opportunity to watch for bald eagles, puffins, sea otters, and whales. Upon arrival, your guide will lead you along the quiet state park trails with beautiful views. This is an easy and enjoyable hike with a gradual elevation gain that makes it accessible to all.
Enjoy the views and a snack at Glacier Lake before returning along the saddle trail. Water taxi from Saddle Head pick up to Halibut Cove where you will dine at the popular Saltry Restaurant (not included in the price) Browse the galleries and board walks before returning on the Danny J at 9 p.m. arriving at the Homer Spit around 10 p.m.
Another excellent family adventure!
|Hiking Tour Rates|
|Glacier Lake Family Hike – 6 hours||$119|
|Halibut Cove Triangle – 8 Hours||$169|
- Payment is required in full to guarantee your reservation.
- Should your plans change, you must give 14 days notice to receive a refund of your deposit less a 5% ($5 minimum) processing fee.
- If something unforeseen comes up and you fail to cancel in the allotted time period we will make every attempt to re-book your spot. If we are able to re-book your spot, you will receive a refund less a 5% ($5.00 minimum) processing fee.
- If the captain cancels the trip prior to departing to one of our across the bay destinations due to weather, we will reschedule your hike to a Homer area hike and refund you the difference.
What to Bring
- Appropriate hiking boots
- Day pack with water, snacks and sack lunch if one is not provided.
- Rain jacket, hat, gloves, sunglasses and layered clothing.
- Don’t forget your camera!
Back to Rates Page